SlideBoom Blog SlideBoom Home
« Want more feedback? Easy with graphic commenting feature! Here comes Slideboom Blog Sidebar Widget »
aug

A new SlideBoom privacy feature.
Category: Announcements, Tips&Tricks | »

SlideBoom offers you a new option that limits an access to your presentation.
All you need to do is to share a secret link with potential viewers of your creation.
To generate this link check “Give me a secret url” and press “Save” button in editing window:

Copy the url code and send it out to whoever you want to show you presentation to. It’s that easy!

Important! Make sure “I want my presentation to be available to anyone online” option is not ticked in the same editing window. It disables a secret url code creating, and your presentation will be public.

7 Responses to “A new SlideBoom privacy feature.”

• Matt Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 11:44 am

Is this feature still available? I can’t find it anywhere, and I definitely made sure the “I want my presentation to be available to anyone online” option was off.

• Matt Says:
    November 26th, 2008 at 11:46 am

never mind- didnt realize I had to go back in and edit the presentation and couldnt do it from the upload screen

• I. Roberto Eisenmann III Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

This is great. I was able to upload my PowerPoint Presentation. But as I enter it and play it, the sound does not come up. What must I do to enable this….?

Regards and thank you in advance.

R

• Kurt Says:
    July 15th, 2009 at 5:06 pm

Is this feature only for Pro users? If not I cannot find this option on my edit page. Where is it located?

• Slava Uskov Says:
    July 20th, 2009 at 10:43 am

Kurt, please take a look at this post:

• James Laitinen Says:
    January 14th, 2010 at 10:23 pm

This feature defeats the purpose of privacy, if you have someone forward on the link then what is stopping them from viewing the presentation. Is there no way to link it via email/registration?

• Vasilios Says:
    May 22nd, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Good point by James Laitinen that a private link can easily be forwarded onto some one else. I like the SlideBoom embed security feature whereby the embedded presentation can be restricted to preferred websites or domains, but is the presentation secured from being downloaded? SlideShare PRO has the capability to prevent downloads. Does SlideBoom? According to a Wikipedia post comparing slide hosting services it does not. But the post was last edited 5 months ago. Did SlideBoom PRO implement download protection since?